Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sean's Portebella Mushroom Sandwish w/ Bruchetta


Happy Saturday, everyone! I have been so busy today! I've been running around like a chicken without a head, seriously! Now I have about 30 minutes before I have to go somewhere else. We're taking two LDS missionaries out for a dinner - at Mongolian's Grills. It's not a very healthy choice, I know, but these missionaries are 19-21 years old and bike everywhere all day. So I figured they could use some calories. :)

Anyway, before I have to go, I wanted to share my husband's fantastic sandwich recipe with you! Sean has some great recipes that everyone just loves, such as green beans and almonds. This is a very yummy sandwich recipe that does not require any kind of meat. Just portebella mushrooms and bruchetta and some mozarella cheese. This meatless sandwich is also quite filling. Sean says he prefers a round sandwich roll for this recipe then you don't even have to cut up the mushrooms like I did. You just grill the whole mushrooms on a grill like a burger. I prefer cutting up the mushrooms, actually. I don't know why but I do. So the choice is yours!


Portebella Mushroom Sandwich w/ Bruchetta
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

1 sandwich roll, cut in half and buttered on each side
1 large Portebella mushroom, sliced
Olive oil, to drizzle
Pinch of salt
Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1-2 slices of Mozzarella cheese

Bruchetta
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Drizzle olive oil over the mushroom and rub the crushed garlic all over. Season it with salt and pepper. Grill the mushrooms on a indoor grill until the mushrooms are softened, about 5-8 minutes. Save the juice that come from the mushrooms in a small bowl to soak the cooked mushrooms in.

While the mushrooms cook, make bruchetta by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss them together to mix well.

Toast the buttered sandwich rolls until golden brown. Melt the Mozzarella cheese on one side of the bread. Place the soaked mushrooms on the other side of the toasted roll, then about 3 tablespoonfuls of the bruchetta.

Enjoy!

37 comments:

  1. That's a great sandwich, nice and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fantastic...will surely try this as its easy yet seems very delicious too...thanks for sharing sook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks amazing! And healthy too. I was just checking in and saw you updated so stopped by to see what you cooked. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sandwich is really mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sook, that's another Fabulous Recipe from you! The sandwich is just irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good! I can just taste those beautiful flavours all working together in a great sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beatiful creation !! Thanks for your visit !! Ciao !

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures make me drool. Thanks for the recipe, and thank Sean for us too :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and delicious! Love mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks DELICIOUS! I'll have to try it! Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love these mushrooms, Sook! It looks perfect for my lunch @ work. I am so gonna try this. Thanks for posting this recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This caught my attention, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! I can't wait until it's warm enough to grill things again. I'll put this on our list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! This monster of a sandwich looks amazing. Stuffed with so many excellent things. I especially love that side of the sandwich that is SMOTHERED in cheese. Heaven? AbsoLUTEly.

    Have fun at your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one serious and delicious looking sandwich. Have a wonderful time at dinner :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this sandwich, it looks so filling- but no meat! I think my hardy son and husband could actually get into this! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The man has good taste!
    This is my kind of sammie - absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your sandwich looks fantastic!!! I wish I had the ingredients on hand cuz I sure could go for one for lunch

    ReplyDelete
  19. He does make a mean looking sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sandwich looks so delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog, now I get to peruse yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sook,
    The Sandwich is irresistible:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ton sandwich a l'air succulent bravo
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks really yummy. I love anything with mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delicious way to serve sandwich. Portobello mushroom is one of my favorite.

    p.s love the lovely photo of you, your son, and your husband. Very very cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah...i do love the ooey, gooey mozzarella cheese, and you've used just enough! also, those sweet potater fries look delicious! awesome meal, sook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. woww luks perfect..mushrooms are one of my favorites..:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you everyone for your comments. I will pass them on to my husband. He'd be so happy to read them all too! :)

    Sook

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love mushrooms and this sandwich looks so hearty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look at that sandwich, perfected stuffed! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a delicious and healthy sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That sandwich looks soooooo good!!! Yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love portobellas, this looks like my kind of sandwhich!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like an upscale sandwich I'd buy in a "fancy" restaurant. Lots of eye appeal, nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That looks like a very satisfying vegetarian dish!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my oh my, this is such a good looking sandwich! Got to make one too. Thanks Sean for this. hehe...

    ReplyDelete