Friday, January 15, 2010

Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak w/ Artichoke Salsa

Good evening! It's Friday night! We just came back from grocery shopping. We're going to my hubby's co-worker's house for dinner! They are from India and make excellent Indian food so I'm really, really excited to go and try their delicious Indian food! I will make sure to take pictures of all the food and maybe even get the recipes from them!

Well, tonight, we had this amazing Brazilian grilled flank steak with artichoke salsa. I found a recipe that is similar to this and then I decided to change it around a little and I was completely satisfied with the result!


So this salsa is amazing. I added a little bit of artichoke to freshly made salsa and it was wonderful! My husband was a little weirded out about the artichoke in the salsa at first but once he tried it, he was all over it! He even brought out more artichoke and mixed them up with his salsa. It was really fabulous. I marinated the flank steak overnight in garlic, jalepeno, and steak seasoning and grilled it the next day. The meat tasted perfect! You might be worried that the meat must be really spicy because of the jalepeno. But no, it's not too spicy. I didn't think it was spicy at all, actually. It just gave the meat such a nice flavor.


Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak w/ Artichoke Salsa

Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

Meat:
1 flank steak, thawed
2 tablespoons oil
6 garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and very finely chopped (I used my magic bullet)
Steak seasoning

Salsa:
4 fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup jarred artichoke hearts, diced
1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Rub the flank steak with olive oil front and back. Rub the steak with minced garlic and jalapeno and season it with your favorite steak seasoning. (*I used Monterial Steak Seasoning.) Place it in a ziplock or foil and seal it well. Refrigerate it overnight until ready to use.

Make Salsa: Place all salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss gently to mix well. Set aside.

On a hot grill, preferably outdoor grill (you can use indoor grill if that is more convenient for you), grill the flank steak until the meat is cooked the way you like it.

Slice the meat thinly to serve. Serve with salsa on the side or on top of the meat.

Enjoy!



26 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds super amazing, and now I want to crank out my grill as well! Very fresh, with minimal ingredients, just to let the star-qualities shine!

    p.s. I can hold my spice, so the spicier the better, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dish! I have never tasted artichokes. How does it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love artichokes. What a great idea adding the artichokes to the salsa. I'll probably make this salad and add it to everything now =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had artichokes in salsa - will have to try that. Your flank steak looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh about your husband being "weirded out" about the artichokes and then discovering that he loved them. Sounds a lot like what goes on in my kitchen, too, grins.

    Would love a nice steak with salsa. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow u r cooking a new cuisine everyday! great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks wonderful. Such simple ingredients must really let the beef flavor shine through. I love a good flank steak or london broil. I bet leftovers would make great fajitas too. Have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks wonderful, I have never had artichokes in salsa...will surely have to try that out:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly cooke steak, and the artichoke salsa looks and sounds amazing! Beautigful presentation and photos too. Must bookmark asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh! i've never had a salsa that contained artichokes, but i think it's a great idea! it would definitely be a fitting topper for you simply-but-deliciously-prepared steak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not worried that the meat is spicy, I say bring it on! Heh. Sounds wicked good, I've never seen a salsa with artichoke before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious platter sook...looks colourful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sook! My goodness this look so delicious and you've plated it in such a pleasing way. Great photos!

    I am definitely book marking this one to make soon. How could I not? Artichokes are my favorite vegetable ~ you got me with the title! :D And then when I saw your recipe and review it was a done deal. I'll link back to you when I make it.

    Thanks so much for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This grilled flank steak looks freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flank is an underused cut of beef..It can be delicious! Cook fast or cook long..anything in between is just tough beef!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that looks amazing! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks wonderful I write for an Organic Meat company could this recipe be featured with a link back to you?

    rebeccasubbiah at yahoo dot com

    have fun at your Indian friends my hubby is Indian yummy

    ReplyDelete
  18. The artichoke sounds like a fabulous addition! I love your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adding the artichoke to salsa seems a little weird but it turned out well! Thanks everyone, for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Artichokes in salsa suonds great! I love artichokes but my hubs is not a big fan...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love artichokes - what a wonderful salsa! This looks delicious. I'll have two helpings :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm back to tell you how much we enjoyed this delicious recipe! It will become a beloved favorite at my house, I know. :)

    Thank you for sharing the recipe Sook! ~m :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mari,
    Thank you very much for your complement. You made my day! I'm glad that you enjoyed this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great recipe! Fresh, healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete