Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Honest Scrap Award
Hello, everyone, I just wanted to make a quick post about the very first award I have recieved since I started this blog. It's called Honest Scrap Award!! Yippee!! This award was given to me by "The Geeky Gourmet" who shares great recipes on her blog. (Check out her Caramel Apple Tart recipe. It looks fantastic!) and Russian Season (I discovered this blog not too long ago and it is filled with yummy goodness!) Thank you for the award.
So I'm supposed to share 10 honest things about myself with you... Let me think for a little bit. Okay, here they are.
1) I started this blog about a year ago to keep me motivated in home cooking. Since I started this blog, we have spent a lot less time and money eating out. Hooray!
2) I didn't know how to really cook until I got married! Shame! :)
3) I am a stay-at-home mom and love it.
4) Besides cooking, I love reading. I'm really into fairy tale type of books right now. I feel like a little girl whenever I find myself giggling while reading those books. Lately, I've been reading all of E.D Baker's books.
5) I majored in Sociology in college. I love analyzing and interpreting how people are affected by the society they're in.
6) My husband "hates" onions. He gags at the smell of onions. It makes me sad because I love onions but now that I'm married to him, I can't cook anything with onions. :(
7) My favorite TV shows: The Mentalist (Simon Baker is sexy!) Monk and Lost!! Lately I've been watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Hilarious!
8) My favorite ingredients in cooking: Cilantro leaves, cumin, and Kimchi!
9) I don't drink.
10) I love reading all of your comments. I never skip any of your comments. Thank you so much for all of your support. You're definitely what keeps me going.
Okay, now, I am supposed to pass this award to 10 bloggers I love. Here they are!
Let Her Bake Cake by Hilary
My Colombian Recipes by Erica
Keep Learning Keep Smiling by Mary
Filipina Loves Food by Janice
A Pinch of This, A Dash of That by Cassie
Stirring the Pot by Kim
Fresh Local and Best by Christine
Confessions of a Baking Addict by Corine
My Kitchen Cafe by Melanie
Food for Hungry Soul by Katy
All these bloggers are such an inspiration to me. I never miss their posts!