Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Honest Scrap Award


Hello, everyone, I just wanted to make a quick post about the very first award I have recieved since I started this blog. It's called Honest Scrap Award!! Yippee!! This award was given to me by "The Geeky Gourmet" who shares great recipes on her blog. (Check out her Caramel Apple Tart recipe. It looks fantastic!) and Russian Season (I discovered this blog not too long ago and it is filled with yummy goodness!) Thank you for the award.

So I'm supposed to share 10 honest things about myself with you... Let me think for a little bit. Okay, here they are.

1) I started this blog about a year ago to keep me motivated in home cooking. Since I started this blog, we have spent a lot less time and money eating out. Hooray!

2) I didn't know how to really cook until I got married! Shame! :)

3) I am a stay-at-home mom and love it.

4) Besides cooking, I love reading. I'm really into fairy tale type of books right now. I feel like a little girl whenever I find myself giggling while reading those books. Lately, I've been reading all of E.D Baker's books.

5) I majored in Sociology in college. I love analyzing and interpreting how people are affected by the society they're in.

6) My husband "hates" onions. He gags at the smell of onions. It makes me sad because I love onions but now that I'm married to him, I can't cook anything with onions. :(

7) My favorite TV shows: The Mentalist (Simon Baker is sexy!) Monk and Lost!! Lately I've been watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Hilarious!

8) My favorite ingredients in cooking: Cilantro leaves, cumin, and Kimchi!

9) I don't drink.

10) I love reading all of your comments. I never skip any of your comments. Thank you so much for all of your support. You're definitely what keeps me going.

Okay, now, I am supposed to pass this award to 10 bloggers I love. Here they are!

Let Her Bake Cake by Hilary

My Colombian Recipes by Erica

Keep Learning Keep Smiling by Mary

Filipina Loves Food by Janice

A Pinch of This, A Dash of That by Cassie

Stirring the Pot by Kim

Fresh Local and Best by Christine

Confessions of a Baking Addict by Corine

My Kitchen Cafe by Melanie

Food for Hungry Soul by Katy

All these bloggers are such an inspiration to me. I never miss their posts!

Thanks, again!

13 comments:

  1. You can still totally cook with onions! If you mince the onion finely enough and it is cooked in with something else, I bet Sean won't even notice it is in there! That trick has worked with Brian. Also, you can always reserve some to the side without onions before adding it to the rest. That's what we had to do when we made the empanadas when you guys came over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sook,nice to get to know ya better.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sook, good to know a little about you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sook, Congratulation on your award. It is nice to know more about you. It will be fun to check out the blogs you like.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. sook congragulations on ur award..keep goin :)gud to knw more abt you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sook,

    Congrats to you on ur award! And thanks thanks thanks for giving me this award. You made my day on a beautiful Thursday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Corine, you're welcome. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first blog award!! You definitely deserve it because you have an absolutely beautiful blog with excellent pictures and great recipes:D
    Thank you so much for the award! It put a big smile on my face to know that you included me. Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, nice to know a few things about you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much for the award. Appreciate it very much. Lovely to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the fun award! Fun to read about you. I just starting watch Lost online in December for the first time. I got pretty hooked and went through every episode so I could watch the new season. It was the most TV (even if online) I think I've ever watched in a month.

    I'll go check out all those links. I have been to a couple, but I can't wait to find more yummy recipes in the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sook, congratulations on your award. I LOVE coming here and ogling your beautiful food photography and savoring your delicious recipes. it has been a delight getting to know you through your posts.

    Aren't you just the DEAREST for passing this award on to me. Thank you so much. It is flattering and affirming to be recognized by fellow bloggers.

    I don't participate in the awards activity as I never know to whom to pass them along to. I have such deep appreciation and affection for the bloggers who follow my humble little blog and for the bloggers I follow. Each is unique and special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks SO much for the award. So cool to learn all about you..and very impressive you majored in Sociology!

    ReplyDelete