Sea Scallops with Fresh Corn and Tomato Sauce
Makes 4 servings
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1-2 cloves choppd garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot (optional)
1 can corn, undrained
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley (optional)
1 bunch of asparagus, stem removed, cut into 2-inches pieces
1-2 lbs scallops, thawed
1. In a food processor - such as magic bullet! :), add shallot, garlic, and corn with the juice and pulse until smooth.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the corn mixture to the pan and stir until translucent.
3. Add basil and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the corn mixture is lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Stir in milk and reduce the heat to very low to keep the sauce warm.
4. Place tomatoes, parsley, and basil in a bowl to toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pat scallops and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and scallops and saute turning once, for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. (*Do not overcook the scallops or they will be rubbery and yucky.)
6. To serve, place about 2 tablespoons of corn sauce in the center of each plate. Top with 5-6 scallops and asparagus.