Friday, February 26, 2010

Roasted Chickpeas with Rosemary and Awards

Fixing lunch is actually really hard for me to do. If you're a stay-at-home mother with one or two kids, you probably understand this.. I just don't feel like cooking much for lunch. I either eat leftovers from dinner or just snack or eat whatever my boy is eating, like pudding or yogurt or peanut butter sandwich... But a couple of weeks ago, I decided to make something for lunch. Something nutritious and healthy for my body. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I feel great. I feel energetic! I exercise twice a day now, too. It's been fun. These roasted chickpeas are a great source of protein. They satisfy your hunger and boost your metabolism, too. The crunchiness of the chickpeas was my favorite about this dish.

Roasted Chickpeas with Rosemary

Makes about 1 cup

Ingredients:

1 (15oz) can chickpeas or garbanzos
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaver or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rinse the beans in a colander and drain. Gently rub th bans to loosen the skins. Discard the skins. Pat the beans dry with a towel and place in a bowl.

Add the oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and toss to coat the beans evenly.

Spread the beans in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until the beans are crunchy, stirring and shaking the pan midway through.

Sprinkle the rosemary and bake another 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese and serve.





Now- Award Time!! I received 4 different awards from my fellow bloggers. I'd like to thank Alison who owns "Just Like Grandma's" for Happy 101 Award, Jennifer at "Bake Your Heart Out" for Kreativ Blogger Award, Corine at "Confessions of a Baking Addict", and VanillaStrawberrySpringFields at her blog for the beautiful, sparkly awards that she created.

I have already shared 7 things about me in another post before... so I'm going to share my favorite TV shows this time. :)

Maybe some of you also like these TV shows... If you do, you and I can be best friends. :)

1. Monk - My favorite detective show ever!! Mr. Monk is my hero.
2. The Mentalist - I really hope Jane and Lisbon hook up someday.
3. Lost - I get a headache just from watching the show.
4. How I met your mother - Who the heck is the mother?? Ted's been telling the story for 6 years now. He says everything is linked but I really don't think so.
5. Friends - I love you Ross. I hate you Ross!
6. The Simpsons - Doh!!
7. 24 - How many times is Jack going to get tortured and die and miraculously survive? He's the coolest.

7 Blogs I love to visit

Anncoo's Hobby
Bo's Bowl
Joy and the YamDaisy
Filipina Loves Food
The Peach Kitchen
Food Snob
Cooking Stuff


45 comments:

  1. I love How I Met Your Mother too, and used to be a big fan of Friends (though I didn't like the later seasons as much). It feels like HIMYM is a younger version of Friends, doesn't it? I also love 30 Rock and used to love Scrubs (the first 4 seasons or so). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a snack similar to these in Spanish restaurants - I had no idea they were so simple to make yourself! They sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards! Chickpeas look so good and simple to make:) loved the idea of adding fresh rosemary to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all those awards! And thanks for motivating me to go put together some healthy lunch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a simple and healthy snack. Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those chickpeas looks wicked good. Thanks for the awards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of chickpeas but they do look really good roasted that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy snacks to enjoy without any guilt..awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lov chickpeas in any form..looks gr8 and tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice easy chickpea recipe you have. Congrats on your award too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award!
    I love roast chick peas! They are perfect for healthy snacking~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I think I need to make these right away! Most chickpea recipes seem to have tomatoes, which are not always my friends. But these, these seem like something I could really buddy up with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh! I actually have all of these ingredients on hand right now. I should try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. rosemary is great with chicpeas, this roasted one mush be yum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Sook! And thankyou so much, I am so delighted that you put my blog in your list!
    Not only that, I LOVE those chickpeas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow... looks yummy...resembles an Indian dish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chickpeas sound yummy with rosemary! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never tried chickpeas...I will have to make them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks and sounds crunchy and delicious ..il gv it a go^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the award! This is a great side dish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a wonderful guilt-free snack. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your awards! Your chickpeas dish looks very delicious to snack on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love chickpeas and this simple yet yummy recipe rocks!

    Looks like you have an awesome routine going with exercise and healthful food!

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks delicious sook and congraz on your awards too..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love chickpeas - shame hubby doesn't agree. Congrats on awards

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...that is some mighty fine looking chickpeas....nice!

    Hey, congrats on all your awards!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. I love chick peas and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the awards! I love garbanzo beans and can't wait to try them in this new way. I'll probably make it for lunch sometime this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks delicious! Congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a cool snack, i will definitely have to try this. i've been holding on to some garbanzo beans that really need to be used. congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on your well-deserved awards! You know that I love these garbanzos, because I LOVE BEANS! I also know what you mean about being a stay at home mom. There are definitely days where I think it is harder than a normal 9-5 full-time job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just the kind of snack I need to be eating...A healthy one!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love chickpeas--especially roasted ones. These look delicious. Congrats on eating a regular healthy lunch!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. These sound good. I have been wanting to try roasting chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love chickpeas and must certainly give this recipe a try. Sounds unique and so delicious. Good healthy choice for lunch as you said YUM YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've never had chickpeas before, but I think I have a can in my pantry and this recipe would go great with what I am planning on making tonight--I will let you know if I try it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy I have a can in the pantry right now!! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such an interesting recipe and one I will definitely try! Chick peas are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the idea of roasting chickpeas and seasoning with rosemary, garlic and cheese! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I could eat this chickpeas like a snack. I love the rosemary for extra fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Roasted chickpeas with plenty of caramelized onions and rosemary is a specialty on the island in Greece my family is from. My Grandmother made this regularly and I was just preparing a post on this the other day.

    Your version sounds lovely and it is definitely nutritious. I know what you mean about lunch though ... I tend to get caught up in the day's work with the children but it always helps having healthy leftovers from the previous night on hand. I rarely make a dish specifically for lunch. Kudos on your change in routine--I wish I would start exercising too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. These look addictive. I must try doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  43. mmm, this is a favorite nosh for me--i tend to just eat buckets of them at a time. i like your addition of rosemary--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I can definitely relate! But chickpeas are so wonderful and versatile. Actually when I am really pressed for time I like to eat them dried (I get those at the middle-eastern store)

    ReplyDelete