- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 3 bulbs of green onion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, halved and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (If you don't handle the spice very well, I'd skip it.)
- 6 tablespoons of baked beans/pork and beans
- 3 Frank sausages, sliced
- 1 small can of spam, sliced
- firm tofu, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup of well fermented kimchi (You will find one at any local grocery stores, usually the same place you'll find tofu)
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 can of beef broth
- 1 uncooked ramenPaste for the Soup
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of korean red pepper flakes (or 1-2 tablespoons red crushed pepper)
- salt and pepper
In large, deep saute pan (preferably an electric one, so you can cook it over at your table), place all the soup ingredients, except chicken broth, beef broth, and ramen. In small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the soup paste and mix well. Place the soup paste in the middle of all the other soup ingredients in the saute pan.
Turn the heat to medium high and pour in the chicken broth and the beef broth to the pan. Bring it to a boil.
When the soup boils, place the uncooked ramen in the soup and stir until it is cooked. Serve with rice.
Slightly adapted from Tasty Meals at Home