Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Korean Barbequed Beef

This wonderful Korean dish is our family's absolute favorite!! My husband's family always asks me to make this dish, probably at least once a month. If you're not familiar with Korean food, don't be afraid, try it. It is better than teriyaki chicken or any other Asian food you love!! :-) I wish I could have Korean food more often. It's generally healthier and delicious! Once I have easier access to Korean ingredients, I will make more variety of Korean food more often. But until then, I will have to settle with this fabulous Korean BBQ. It is so simple to make, too. The BBQ sauce that you need for this dish isn't too hard to find. If you have a oriental store where you live, go to sauce aisle or Korean food aisle, and find the bottled sauce made by CJ (it's the BEST brand).

Korean BBQ Beef

Ingredients:

2 lbs tritip or flank steak, thinly sliced
1 Korean BBQ sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup pear, freshly ground
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Direction:

In large bowl, place thinly sliced tri-tip or flank steak (I always use tri-tip but if you can't find it in your area, go with flank steak. I am sure it will taste great!).

In separate bowl, mix in the BBQ sauce, garlic, pear, and sesame seeds well. Pour the sauce over the beef. Stir the beef until it is soaked in the sauce. Cover and let marinade over night in the fridge.

Grill the meat on briquet grill according to your liking. Serve with rice and lettuce for wraps. (The traditional way to eat Korean BBQ is to wrap a little bit of rice, meat, and pepper paste in a lettuce (green leaf works great). It is SO delicious!!)

Enjoy!!

1 comment: