Friday, July 17, 2009

Perfect Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe

This is by far the best pizza dough recipe that I've come across with! I'm not much of a pizza eater but recently I've been attempting to make different kinds of pizza because my husband can't live without pizza. He always craves it! We used to make a weekly trip to Round Table but now that we are almost broke, we try to make it at home. Although my husband questions if it would be cheaper to make it at home or go buy one at Domino's. I don't know. What I know is that homemade pizza is probably much healthier! Also, you can put whatever topping you want on your pizza freely! In the picture below, you'll see the crust looks slightly thicker. That's because I stuffed some mozzarella cheese around the edges. That my husband loved. He's a thick crust kind of a guy. Most guys are. So don't limit this dough recipe only for thin crusts. I made my pizza slightly thicker than thin. You can make it much thinner or much thicker if you want. Either way, the dough will turn out great.


Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Adapted from Tastes like home

Ingredients:
(Makes 4-6 crusts, according to your desired thickness)

4 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for work surface
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
1½ – 1¾ cup warm water
3 tablespoons Olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Direction:

1. Add flour, sugar and yeast to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
3. Pour in water, oil and salt.
4. Mix with a fork until the dough comes together. Turn on to a well-floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
5. Oil the bowl and place dough in it. Rub some oil on top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let rise for at least 1 hour.
6. Punch down dough and knead for 1 minute. Let rest for 15 minutes before dividing dough and rolling out or stretching to make pizza.
7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
8. Add sauce and toppings of choice. Add to sheet pan or pizza pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned and the cheese has melted and bubbly.

Just in case you were wondering-

If you were wondering what toppings I used for my pizza, here are the ingredients.

Pizza 1:
1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
1/2 red bell pepper, cut in rings
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut in rings
10-15 pepperoni
1/4 cup olive
1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup pizza sauce (less or more)

Pizza 2:
6 slices (rings) yellow bell pepper
10 pepperoni
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (less or more)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (less or more)

Enjoy!!

2 comments: