Thursday, July 23, 2009

Delicious Crescent Rolls

My brother-in-law is in pain. His feet were badly injured by a gunshot. Yeah. I know. He is in pain. There are hundreds of BB's stuck in his feet. It's nasty. (By the way, it wasn't his fault that he got shot. He was actually helping his neighbor move when it happened. Someone there got hold of a gun and BANG!! You get the picture. Thank goodness, it was his feet.) He got a surgery about 2 weeks ago and is unable to walk around freely. It is sad to see someone who used to be so active sitting down on a recliner all day. So I had to think of a way to cheer him up. I wish I could take all his pain away but I'm not a healer. I figured time would do its magic. Meanwhile, I decided to use some delicious rolls do all the work for me. So I knew he loved fresh rolls - also his wife (my sis-in-law) loves it when I bake - so these crescent rolls were a very good choice. The rolls turned out fluffy, soft, and so yummy! These rolls definitely satisfied everyone, maybe healed some of my bro-in-law's wounds. Okay, now, that's overexaggerating :) The original recipe is called "Blender Rolls" from one of my cousins but I don't own a blender so I made it by hand. If you have a blender and would like to try it that way, go ahead. Doing it by hand didn't ruin the recipe at all.

Crescent Rolls (Blender Rolls)
From Tana (With a slight change)

Ingredients:

2 cups warm water (but not hot)
2 tablespoons dry active yeast
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted butter
5 cups flour + 1/2 - 1 cup

Direction:

Place first 6 ingredients in large bowl and mix with a whisk until well blended. (If you're using a blender, place the first 6 ingredients in blender and blend until well blended, about 30 minutes to 1 minute.)

Add 5 cups flour into the liquid and blend with a big spoon or a rubber spatula. (Now, if you were using a blender, put flour in a large bowl and add liquid from the blender. Blend with a big spoon.)

Let rise until double, usually 45 minutes to 1 hour. (The dough will be very moist.)

When the dough has risen, scatter 1/2-1 cup additional flour on top of the dough. (Now the original recipe didn't call for additional flour but I did because the dough was too moist and to make it easier to handle, I added the additional flour. It turned out very well.)

Roll out into circle 1/4 inch thick and cut like a pizza. Roll each slice with fat side first to form crescent roll.

Put on greased baking sheet and let rise 30-45 minutes, until fat.

Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Spread with melted butter 3 minutes before done for really delicious rolls. Feel free to spread more butter after done to make them look shiny and pretty. :)

Enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law! Like you said, it could have been so much worse... I hate guns.

    The rolls look so fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia - Isn't that awful? He's doing much better now though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have just found out your blog, and I love this rolls, they look really yummy and I like their croissant-shape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz-

    Welcome to my blog! I hope you visit again. :)

    ReplyDelete