- 2 tablespoons olive oil + to drizzle
- 4 chicken tenders or 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- Santa Maria Seasoning and Pappy Seasoning for the chicken / Or use your favorite seasoning to season the chicken
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion or 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
Drizzle olive oil on the chicken on all sides. Season the chicken and let marinade for 10 minutes. In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and the chicken. Cook the chicken until both sides are cooked thoroughly. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice them into 1/2 inch thick bites.
In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add onions, cream, chipotle sauce, frozen peas, salt and pepper over medium heat. When the cream starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low and add the sliced chicken and cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, and more grated Parmesan.Sprinkle tortilla strips if desired.
Adapted from Guy Fieri's Recipe
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I reduced from 1 cup to 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
2 ounces chipotle paste
1/2-ounce red chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper