Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake

This wonderful blueberry buttermilk pancakes is our family's favorite breakfast. The pancakes are so flaky, they literally melt in your mouth. Substitute with raspberries or blackberries if desired. Oh, one more thing, if you're trying to avoid having too much sugar, try agave brand syrup. It's sugar free but still very tasty. It's become my favorite kind of syrup now.

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
Recipe from Arlyn

Ingredients:

1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons salad oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Blueberries, fresh or frozen

Direction:

Beat egg. Add remaining ingredients in order listed and beat with rotary beater until smooth.

Grease heated griddle if necessary. Pour batter from tip of large spoon or from pitcher onto hot griddle. Top the batter with 4-6 fresh or frozen blueberries. Turn panckaes as soon as they are puffed and full of bubbles but before bubbles break. Bake other side until golden brown.

Enjoy!!

Direction:

Beat egg. Add remaining ingredients in order listed and beat with rotary beater until smooth.

4 comments:

  1. I'm placing my order for breakfast tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love real homemade pancakes so much, i usually don't even put syrup on them. my daughter thinks i'm a weird-o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia- your order's ready! :)

    Justin- I, too, don't like having normal syrup on my pancakes. My husband thinks I'm weird, too. :)

    ReplyDelete