Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fabulous Teriyaki Chicken


Do you like Asian food? I do! Well, it is partly because I am Asian (I'm from Korea in case you didn't know) but also because Asian food is SO easy to make! That's right. You are probably confused by this statement.... "Asian food is NOT easy to make! It's way complicated and hard!" Well, I hate to say this, but you're wrong! ha ha Well, but that is just my opinion. For this teriyaki recipe, I just needed to marinate the meat overnight. That is it. I mean, yes, you need to mix all the ingredients together but that isn't very hard, is it? If you have a outdoor grill, I recommend that you cook the meat on it. It will give you a nice, smoky flavor - unless, you don't like the smoky flavor, then cook the meat on stove or in oven. It's your choice! I cooked mine in the oven, just because I was too lazy but next time, I am definitely doing it on grill.

Teriyaki Chicken

Ingredients:

3-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
2/3 cup rice wine (or sake) - If you're wondering where to find rice wine, you go to liquor section at a grocery store. We didn't see any at Walmart but found one at Safeway.
1 cup soy sauce
4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 cup white sugar
7 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
1 small pinch red pepper flakes
black pepper to taste

Direction:

In a sauce pan over high heat, add rice wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the wine about 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar. Then add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Cool sauce completely.

Place chicken in a bowl and pour the sauce into the bowl. Seal the bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Remove chicken from marinade (reserve liquid for sauce if you want) and cook the chicken on grill. (You can also cook it on stove or bake it)

If you want to use the liquid, pour it into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Pour the sauce onto the cooked chicken, if desired.



Adapted from Blogchef

No comments:

Post a Comment