Saturday, December 5, 2009

Best Meatball Sub


These meatballs? I dare say these are the best meatballs I've tasted in my life! It's very flavorful and delicious! I made meatball subs for dinner one night and it was a huge hit! My husband ate it for lunch the next day... and the next day... and asked for it again for today's lunch. I told him we need to eat variety of food, not just one thing everyday. :) We toasted the sandwich bread and melted some provolone cheese, too. I don't normally order meatball subs at any restaurants because most of them aren't very tasty. But these ones.... I say if I ever open a restaurant, it's going on the menu. :)

Meatball Sub


Ingredients:


Meatballs:
Adapted from Kirkland recipe

1 cup plain brad crumbs
1/2 pounds hot pork sausage
2 1/2 pounds Kirkland Signature ground beef or regular ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:


Preheat broiler to high.

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

For into 1- to 2-inch balls and line up on a broiler pan. Broil until brownd on top. Turn the meatballs over and brown on the other side.

Simmer in your favorite spaghetti sauce. (I usually make the sauce at home. Even just a little bit of tomato sauce with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese makes a great sauce for meatball subs!)


To make a sandwich, you'll need sandwich bread cut in half lengthwise. Butter both sides of the bread and sprinkle garlic powder or salt. Bake or broil the bread until it is crispy. Place provolone cheese and meatballs and bake again about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Sook the Cook

7 comments:

  1. Whenever I make meatballs I always make a big batch and freeze some-- then it's super easy to pull them out for sandwiches. I'm a sucker for meatball subs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meatballs do look amazing! My dad is a huge meatball sub fan. I wonder how they would turn out with ground turkey subbed for ground beef?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta have me a meatball sub. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casaundra-
    I've made turkey meatballs before and they were really good, too! Let me know how it goes if you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. April,

    Freezing meatballs works really well. I do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was reading over my shoulder and saw this recipe and exclaimed " I WANT THAT" :)! So i will be making this for him very soon, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete